Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual (2nd edition), is the most comprehensive, accessible and entertaining Photoshop book ever written. Unique among Photoshop books, its content and style is appropriate for beginners as well as longtime professionals. The book explains literally every feature in Photoshop, with practical real-world examples in Lesa’s humorous style. Art schools and colleges around the world use this book in their classes, because Lesa teaches the Why behind the How.
“In my mind, it’s the new Photoshop bible.”
— Scott Kelby, founder of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) and editor of Photoshop User magazine, reviewing Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual
This book makes learning Photoshop as easy as possible by explaining things in a friendly, conversational style—without technical jargon. At 939 pages in print or ebook, with downloadable exercise files and four online appendices, it covers every feature in Photoshop CC 2014, with techniques updated for 2014 and expanded chapters on video and 3D. After a thorough introduction to the program, you'll delve deep into Photoshop's secrets with expert tips and practical editing advice you'll use every day:
• Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop's workspace and find out how to customize it.
• Edit nondestructively. Discover the most practical ways to use layers, masks, and Smart Objects to safely edit your images.
• Perfect your photos. Learn techniques for cropping, color-correcting, retouching, and combining photos.
• Master color. Drain, change, and add color, and learn how to create gorgeous black-and-whites, partial-color effects, and duotones with ease.
• Be artistic. Create illustrations, paintings, and pro-level text; use filters effectively, edit video, and even create 3D art.
• Share your work. Produce great-looking images for print, presentations, and the Web.
• Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks.
• Understand the Why. Learn timeless principles of typography, color theory, and real-world production.
“Lesa is one of the world's best Photoshop instructors, and her new book is fantastic!”
— Russell Brown, Senior Creative Director at Adobe Systems Inc.
Read Lesa's comprehensive review of Photoshop CC 2014 for Macworld, including all the little changes you won't read about anywhere else, at http://lesa.in/mwpscc2014